[Ffmpeg-devel] I'm giving up

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Dec 13 14:03:00 CET 2006

Hi Takis,

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 13:03 +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
[...]
> BTW, talking about the code... I see that support for the
> CODEC_FLAG_GLOBAL_HEADER is not implemented yet. How can
> ./ffmpeg -i sourcevideo -vcodec ffh264 -vtag avc1 -an targetvideo.mp4
> work? (Or am I missing something as usual?)
> Anyway, if you are interested I can try to work on it and provide a
> patch for supporting CODEC_FLAG_GLOBAL_HEADER in one week or two.
Ok, here is the promised patch ;-)

I briefly tested it by generating raw h264 and a .mov file[1], and it
seems to work. I hope it is acceptable for you; if not, let me know
what's wrong and I'll try to fix it.
The patch is against your non-mmx patch, but I think it should apply to
the mmx version too (if not, I can regenerate it as needed).

			Thanks,
				Luca

[1] in order to properly mux ffh264 streams in mov containers, I had to
patch movenc.c, adding CODEC_ID_FFH264 to all the places where
CODEC_ID_H264 is used. I know this is not a good solution, but it works
well for testing ;-)
                               N O    W A R ! ! !