[Ffmpeg-devel] Help for a newbie

Heather Lomond heather
Fri Dec 15 12:36:37 CET 2006

Hi,

  All I need to be able to do is open an MP3 file (I have a filename)
and get words out ready to send to a DAC. The codec in between needs to
be Integer (if at all possible), but will settle for floats if that is
all I can get. I also need it to be as small and simple as possible
(planning on a port to an embedded processor).

   Can anyone help? I've got the latest version of ffmpeg from svn and
got it all compiled and running on my linux box, also got the apiexample
compiled and running 'as is' but when I modify it for reading an mp3
file it goes all wobbly on me and complains about "header missing
skipping one byte" all the time

   I'm guessing that I have to read the mp3 header before stuffing data
into the codec? And perhaps setup the contect a little more than the
default?

   Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Heather Lomond

Icera, 2520 The Quadrant, Aztec West, Bristol, BS32 4AQ
Tel: +44 1454 207144
Fax: +44 1454 284850
Mobile: +44 7802 548938

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the
recipient(s)
named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and
should
not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are
not a
named recipient, please contact the sender by telephone
(+44-1454-284800)
and destroy the original message.

Any statement and/or opinion not related to this company's business and
expressed in this message is that of the author and does not necessarily
reflect those of Icera Semiconductor. This company does not take any
responsibility for the views of the author in any matter not related to
the
company's object.