[Ffmpeg-devel] Help understanding AVParser

Cool_Zer0 c00jz3r0
Mon Dec 18 12:04:47 CET 2006

Hi there.

I'm trying to use AVParser but I'm a bit lost and I can't find any
documentation.

So... Here's what I'm doing...

I'm calling *av_parser_init(CODEC_ID_H263)* and then I think that I have to
call *av_parser_parse()* for each H.263 packet that I receive.
My main problem is understanding the parameters of the last function:

AVCodecParserContext
AVCodecContext
poutbuf
poutbuf_size
buf
buf_size
pts
dts

The first ones I understand but the last 6 I can't understand what they
are...
Other question...  If buf_size takes the value 0 it means that I have a
complete frame, right? So... Where is that frame and how can I put on a
AVFrame/AVPicture in order to convert it to BGR24?

If you don't want to answer my question at least give me some link to any
documentation about AVParser.

Thanks