[Ffmpeg-devel] PTS values

Paul Curtis pfc
Tue Dec 19 18:32:06 CET 2006

Anders Moden wrote:

> to decode the packages and the pts value is taken from the m_pFrame
> struct. I only look at the pts values if i have a complete decoded
> frame.

In my decode/encode application, I have been using AVStream->cur_dts
(decoder time stamp). This has been ordered properly for both video and
audio.

Do go back and search the Dev list archives from about one year ago ....
there was a lengthy discussion on which values (packet versus codec ...
PTS versus DTS) to use as a "timestamp" in an application.

Regards,
Paul