[Ffmpeg-devel] compiling problem with x264

Daniel Guerrero daniel.guerrero
Wed Dec 27 18:51:52 CET 2006

Hi developers,

I'm using the last svn version of ffmpeg (downloaded few hours ago), and i
can't compile ffmpeg with the --enable-x264 option.

I've installed the x264 source successly, the source was on the ffmpeg
directory. When I try to

./configure --enable-x264 --enable-gpl

the following appears:

ERROR: x264 not found
If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from SVN.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.err" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.

the config.err file is attached.

FYI: i'm running a FC3.i386 on an Intel Celeron.