[Ffmpeg-devel] time for a release?

Bryan Mayland bmayland
Wed Feb 1 00:55:52 CET 2006

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Bryan Mayland <bmayland at leoninedev.com> writes:
>

>>     That leaves 2 other warnings, one about IPAddressACL not being
>>     uninitialized (which it might be if there are errors in the conf
>>     file, but we're planning to bomb out anyway so what's the point?).
>>

> In non-time-critical situations, I usually initialize such variables
> to some invalid value, even if the variable can never actually be used
> uninitialized, to silence the compiler warnings.

    Well this certainly isn't time-critical, it is only when loading the
config file.  I've included it in the attached.

>>     The other is about get_longterm_datarate being unused, which has
>>     been true for over a year now.  I'm not sure what the original
>>     intent of this function was (maybe had something to do with
>>     pre-preroll code?).
>>

> Submit a patch to remove it.

    Consider it done!

>>     Anyway, they're all benign so no need to do anything about them I
>>     suppose.
>>

> It is good practice to keep harmless warnings away.  That way, the
> real ones are more easily noticed.

I agree, as the whole thing that started this was I was having trouble
finding errors in the output through all the warnings.  :)  The easy way
to silence the rest of the warnings is to supply the -Wno-pointer-sign
option to gcc, but the only way I know how to do that is via
--extra-cflags in configure.  Is there a way to just add
-Wno-pointer-sign to the ffserver compile?  Currently it uses the same
CFLAGS as all other compiles and I'd have to split it off and I'm not
sure how to do that.