[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: problem compiling ffmpeg- please help

Dieter freebsd
Fri Feb 3 12:39:51 CET 2006

>> I am receiving errors attempting to compile on bsd.

Which BSD?

> gmake not found though I normally use make.

You need to use gmake to build ffmpeg.  (and to build lots
of other programs.  It is well worth installing gmake.)

For FreeBSD, gmake is in ports.
For NetBSD. gmake is in packages.
I suspect the other BSDs have something similar.  If not,
then google should find the gmake sources easily enough.

A recent CVS of ffmpeg builds on FreeBSD/AMD64 using gmake.
I get lots of compiler warnings, segmentation faults,
floating point exceptions, and other problems, but
it does build.  I'm currently working on fixing the
compiler warnings.