[Ffmpeg-devel] Post processing of codecs which require it.

Debabrata Banerjee davatar
Sat Feb 4 18:20:26 CET 2006

>> Also if you disagree - it would be nice to update api_example.c with how
>> do this properly for us n00bs :)
>
> yes it would be nice, patch welcome :)

Well right now I must be doing it wrong, so I don't think it would come from
me any time soon. I have serious issues which I do not understand. i.e.
AVFrame.qscale_table comes back homogeneous except for the last column of
blocks which is always 0, AVFrame.qstride is 41 when there are 40 16x blocks
in a 640 pixel row, and for some reason even fixing qscale_table manually
pp_postprocess() gradually blurs each consequitive frame more and more until
what appears to be the next keyframe, making a horrible "ticking" effect in
the output video - the higher the qscale values the more pronounced it is.
Even when it does actually deblock, it doesn't seem to effectively deblock
the lowest quality parts of a picture (Duh, qscale_table is homogeneous!).
I'm sure one of you guys could write a proper example in about 5 minutes..

Thanks,
Debabrata