[Ffmpeg-devel] maintainers list

Alexander Strasser eclipse7
Tue Feb 7 03:25:08 CET 2006

Hi,

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 03:26:40PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > yes definitely!!!
> >
> > :)
> >
> > OK, all your areas applied.
>
> I went over the files and checked out all obvious maintainers.  Here is
> the updated list.  I'll commit this soon unless somebody comes up with
> some clever improvements.

  Good.

  I have prepared an different attempt (unfinished file attached), of
course much data still needs to be filled in but as a rough preview
it is ok i think. Also many files that belong together still need to be
grouped and so on.
  The Advantage of my layout is that you easily see what stuff belongs
together and to what lib and that you can easily find out the maintainer
by knowing a filename or keyword. Also I changed the platform to consist
of os/arch pairs (only one entry as example).

  There are also still some open questions:

  - leave out umaintained parts or explicitly list them as unmaintained?
  - coders/decoders and muxers/demuxers in the same section or separated?

  For the latter I think separated might be better to avoid confusion.
The other option is to write Decoder/... in each entry but this would
be quite redundant and ugly IMHO.

  Of course I can't complete this alone, so if this approach is wanted
people who maintain parts of ffmpeg need to help me filling in the missing
entries.

  Alex (beastd)