[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug in libavutil Makefile (or maybe just mystupidity? Be gentle...)

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Tue Feb 7 12:22:16 CET 2006

Alexander Strasser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Philippe Dirkse wrote:
>
>>Unfortunately no dice... removing the lines just brings me the next error:
>>
>>make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'Files\Microsoft', needed by 'all'
>>
>>(which is probably totally unrelated to my previous problem?)
>>
>>I think I will have no choice but to delve into the internals of the
>>mysterious makefile, but first I will have to
>>get my girlfriend to leave the house to get the time to do so ;-) If I find
>>out what's causing my troubles I will
>>post the results here.
>

>   could you try adding `LIB=' (without the quotes) in your config.mak
> retry build and report the results?
>
>   I think Michel Bardiaux also had this problem; Michel any news where
> this setting comes from (i can't reproduce it).
>
>   Alex (beastd)

I still cant find where my setting for LIB as seen under mingw comes
from. I found some shell init scripts on my linux side, and some .bat on
my PC, that do set LIB=, but not at that value.

All I can say is, that if I remove LIB from my msys environment manu
militari, I can build the shared libs on mingw. I dont have plans to try
static nor install.

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director