[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug in libavutil Makefile (or maybe just mystupidity? Be gentle...)

Alexander Strasser eclipse7
Tue Feb 7 19:47:36 CET 2006

Hi,

Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> >On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 12:22:16PM +0100, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> >>I still cant find where my setting for LIB as seen under mingw comes
> >>from. I found some shell init scripts on my linux side, and some .bat on
> >>my PC, that do set LIB=, but not at that value.
> >

> >I think your problem results from path names in spaces in them.  Could
> >you try putting quotes around the path names in config?
> >

> >>All I can say is, that if I remove LIB from my msys environment manu
> >>militari, I can build the shared libs on mingw. I dont have plans to try
> >>static nor install.
> >

> >Well, if you aren't willing to test it's impossible for us to fix bugs
> >we cannot reproduce...
>
> You're right of course. I will try various tests - but as Napoleon said,
> "Not tonight, Josephine" :-)

  I think you had exactly the same problem as the previous poster where
the LIB Makefile var got set to a ms lib path. So if my patch did work
it should work for you know with configure from latest CVS. Would be
nice if you could test that and report back.

  Alex (beastd)