[Ffmpeg-devel] MAX_AUDIO_FRAME_SIZE and true-audio.com

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Feb 12 10:51:23 CET 2006

Hi

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 02:12:13AM +0100, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Michael, what should be the solution? Should I truncate the output
> > packets and maintain an internal buffer? Or should we finally rework
> > the audio layer to a push model? Anyway, I will commit my
> > decoder/demuxer with these known bugs and let it fixed later.
>
> I found a thread identical to this from 2.5 years ago:
>
> From: Roman Shaposhnick <rvs at sun.com>
> Subject: [Ffmpeg-devel] AVCODEC_MAX_AUDIO_FRAME_SIZE issues
> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:40:11 -0800
>
> Also available at:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/836
>
> So can I change it to 0x30000 (1sec stereo 48khz pcm) as a quick fix and

ok

> let implement the malloc model later (probably never :)?

i would say allocate buffers like we do for video (decoder calls get_buffer()
for every block of data and release_buffer() if not needed anymore ...)
user can override *_buffer() ...

Michael