[Ffmpeg-devel] FFmpeg naming and logo

Jan Knutar jknutar
Fri Feb 17 11:14:01 CET 2006

On Friday 17 February 2006 11:50, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> There is also no
> excuse for providing a windows-only program that doesn't even work.

I don't think I've seen such lack of quality in software since IE3 and
Outlook Express of the same era, running on Windows 95, as in the
siemens windows software.

The Siemens GPRS assistant is completely worthless. I don't think it
got even ONE setting right, it even managed to change working defaults
into non-working ones. Not to mention that the thing confuses itself, and
becomes unusable without uninstall/reinstall after your first attempt with
it. I ended up doing it all manually instead, basing settings on a working
chat script I had in Linux.

The data transfer explorer extension thinks everything is a phone, and
adds itself as a tab to every Properties window possible. Mind, the
computer stalls and freezes if you actually use it for file transfers
to/from the phone... Polling I/O? Come on, this is the 21st century!
</rant>

Siemens isn't all evil, their developer forums are very friendly, and give
you many gold nuggets of information.