[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel-old] X11 grabber

Robert Swain robert.swain
Wed Feb 22 12:21:02 CET 2006

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 10:10, Clemens Fruhwirth wrote:
> Ok, then please consider my statement toward attitudes and stances
> nullified. Rather read: If ffmpeg is interested, I will clean the patch
> up a bit.

I'm interested in this. xvidcap cannot capture from desktops with a bitdepth
>16 which is very annoying. Also the codecs it sues are not always ideal. If
we could have such a feature directly in FFmpeg I think it would be much more
useful although I'm not sure how easy it would be to only capture a certain
region of the screen or a certain window. I'll leave that to you. :)

Rob