[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] seeking crash in x264 with b_pyramid

Erik Slagter erik
Mon Feb 27 12:58:32 CET 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 18:56 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Erik Slagter <erik at slagter.name> writes:
>
> > I also have issues, but not related to b_pyramid. For instance, mplayer
> > (very latest CVS) plays raw h264 files double speed,
>
> How does mplayer read raw H.264?  For fixed framerate streams, H.264
> specifies the field rate, even when using progressive encoding.  There
> has been some confusion about this in the past, with the result that
> some codecs take the numbers to mean frame rate for progressive
> sequences.  Hence the double speed.  This was fixed in lavc and x264
> in January.  If mplayer uses its own H.264 "demuxer", or uses an old
> version of lavc, it would show this problem.

Hmmm, I am using mplayer with dynamically linked ffmpeg. So on one hand
that would mean mplayer would automatically use the latest installed
ffmpeg anyway, which I assume it uses to decode h264. OTOH the whole
problem might be caused by the dynamic linking itself ;-) Or something
in mplayer, in the glue to ffmpeg is hardcoded.

Corey, can you test without avi2raw, e.g. using ffmpeg with -f h264? I
assume you do have mplayer statically linked?

Anyway, this isn't a large issue for me, because in the end all ends up
as mp4 which does work. But it's definitely a bug somewhere.