[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] seeking crash in x264 with b_pyramid

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi
Mon Feb 27 21:27:32 CET 2006

Erik Slagter wrote:

>On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 21:32 +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
>

>>>How does mplayer read raw H.264?
>>>

>>it has its own demuxer
>>

>And would you by any chance be the maintainer? :-)

no, Michael and Loren; I added only part of the code

>I that case, could you explain what exactly is the issue that makes
>mencoder refuse to mux any stream with b frames using mp4? It's not
>actually the ffmpeg-mp4-ctts issue, which should have been solved now?

Mencoder refuses to mux to lavf unless you specify :i_certify.... because
it can't guarantee correct PTS when b-frames are present
(because it doesn't parse frames before muxing, unlike muxer_mpeg.c).

Additionally, mplayer demuxes only bytestream H264 ES,whereas mov/mp4
wants NAL (the other) form.
I don't now if lavf's muxer is able to/does convert from bytestream->NAL
when muxing.