[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] MPEG-4 file with artifacts

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Jan 2 13:38:30 CET 2006

Hi,

while reorganizing my samples collection, I stumbled across some samples
that fail to decode properly.  This one has MPEG-4 video that shows
heavy artifacting:

ftp://sandman.homedns.org/diego/ffmpeg/mpeg4_artifacts.mp4
ftp://sandman.homedns.org/diego/ffmpeg/mpeg4_artifacts_small.mp4

The first sample is 50MB, the second 1MB, but the small version already
shows the problem quite visibly.  ffplay fills the console with messages
like

[mpeg4 @ 0x10287df8]Error at MB: 672
[mpeg4 @ 0x10287df8]marker does not match f_code
[mpeg4 @ 0x10287df8]concealing 593 DC, 593 AC, 593 MV errors
[mpeg4 @ 0x10287df8]header damaged
[mpeg4 @ 0x10287df8]ac-tex damaged at 24 23
[mpeg4 @ 0x10287df8]Error at MB: 967
[mpeg4 @ 0x10287df8]concealing 315 DC, 315 AC, 315 MV errors
[mpeg4 @ 0x10287df8]header damaged
[mpeg4 @ 0x10287df8]header damaged
[mpeg4 @ 0x10287df8]ac-tex damaged at 3 5

Maybe the file is just damaged (beyond repair).  I'd appreciate if
somebody could confirm this.

Diego