[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] h264.c failed assertion

Dennis van Amerongen Dennis.vanAmerongen
Thu Jan 5 22:31:22 CET 2006

>Michel Bardiaux wrote:
>> Jindrich Makovicka wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> the following sample (~512k) triggers a failed assertion in h264.c:
>>> h264.c:2610: mc_dir_part: Assertion `pic->data[0]' failed.
>>> It has been produced by x264 rev 394.
>>> http://kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz/~makovick/goro.avi
>> Please post complete ffmpeg command and its output. And in this case,

>> also the command and output of the production stage
>sorry, I ran the same encode again and it seems to be a hardware
>please disregard this report.
>Jindrich Makovicka

Out of curiosity could you post your commandline settings anyway (does
include bframes?) and did you use the same sourcefile to do the 2nd

I run into the pic assertion problem as well with livestreaming with
experiments but have a hard time reproducing it with a sample/file
(There's a VLC trouble ticket on this issue as well).

A nonexistant frame being used for motion compensation (as the error
implies?), could that also be caused by packet loss or retransmits in

- D