[Ffmpeg-devel] BUGREPORT: FFmpeg COOK audio decoder

Neil Sleightholm neil
Sun Jan 8 18:35:04 CET 2006

The "FFmpeg COOK audio decoder" method of decoding RealAudio streams
doesn't seem to work reliably for BBC Radio streams. If you play either
of the following at some point you will notice stream works for a while
and then repeats the same bit, then runs ok, then repeats:
 	http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/realaudio/media/r1live.rpm
 	http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/realplayer/dsatg2.rpm

It looks like the buffer is being emptied and while it is filling up it
just replays the same bit. I think it would be better if there was
silence when this happened (or better still didn't empty the buffer).

I am playing these streams on mplayer with the following command line:
	mplayer -vo null -cache 128 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2
-playlist http://xxxxxx
The mplayer version information is:
	MPlayer dev-CVS-051221-17:56-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
	CPU: Intel Pentium 4/Celeron D Prescott; Xeon Nocona (Family: 15,
Stepping: 4)

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Neil