[Ffmpeg-devel] FAAC rate control broken?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Jan 9 13:22:54 CET 2006

Hi Michael,

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 11:26 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > So, just to check if I understood well:
> > I'll need to add a new field to AVCodecContext, right?
> yes
> > Should I add it at the end of the structure (to try to preserve binary
> yes
> > compatibility), or can I add it near to the other "audio related"
> > fields?
> no
> > Just increase to 51.1.0, or go to 52.0.0?
> no, leave them, users either use AVOption or they cannot expect ABI
> compatibility
Ok. So, I think the attached patch does the right thing.

Note: I hope I used AVOption correctly, but I am not sure (this is the
first time I play with it).
Also, I do not know if the other audio encoders supported by ffmpeg
support this cutoff setting, so I only changed libavcodec/faac.c.

                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Suonerie polifoniche, loghi, sfondi colorati, giochi multimediali, ecco tutto quello che trovi nella sezione email.it dedicata ai cellulari
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3116&d=9-1