[Ffmpeg-devel] Where do I report bugs?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jan 13 13:07:02 CET 2006

Hi

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 11:11:11PM -0500, Norman Ramsey wrote:
[...]
>  > http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/ffmpeg-bugreport.html
>
> Although I followed this procedure carefully, I received not one reply
> to a bug report I sent a month or two ago.

we are volunteers, normal people not employed by some company who pays us
for analyzing, debuging, fixing and awnsering reports, so dont look at it like
we where but rather what we are ... if someone is nice and awnsers, be happy
if not, look at how many bugreports we have to deal with, consider the fact
that we get paied for ffmpeg as much as you (0$) and consider that dealing
with a single bugreport could take hours or longer if its a not so simple
issue and simple ones tend to be awnsered quickly anyway ...

someone add this or similar to the FAQ please unless something like this is
in there already

Michael