The future of the included liba52 copy (was: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] BUG REPORT: Garbled audio when AC3 stream changes channel count)

Erik Slagter erik
Sat Jan 14 11:13:14 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 23:10 -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:

> If you remove it, you add a new external dependency to any project using
> libavcodec that wants AC3 decoding.

On the other hand, ffmpeg developers do not need to update liba52
regularly (if it actually happened is another point ;-)).

Personally I think it's pretty lame to include the complete source of
another project into a project and a burden to maintain.

But that's just me, being non-ffmpeg-developer.