[Ffmpeg-devel] PSP movie output: -title doesn't work

Mike Melanson mike
Sat Jan 21 21:45:21 CET 2006

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Froenchenko Leonid <gregor66 at mail.ru> writes:
>

>>Hi !
>>
>>        I'm encoding movies for PSP using "-f psp" setting. In this
>>        format, -title flag doesn't produce valid title (from PSP
>>        point of view).
>>
>>        So far, I found no documentation about how PSP would like
>>        movie header.  However, many programs that do perform
>>        correct title setting (both commercial and free) does
>>        exists.
>

> Could you name a few and/or post a working sample somewhere?  I'm sure
> that if you did, someone would figure out the proper format.  It can't
> be that complicated.

It may use the newer QT metadata format (a departure from QT's original
metadata system):

   http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Apple_QuickTime#Meta_Data

Not sure if it is correctly implemented in FFmpeg.

--
	-Mike Melanson