[Ffmpeg-devel] Any existing asm code for Sony's PSP

Bo Xie xiebopublic
Mon Jan 23 10:58:05 CET 2006

Hi,

http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/projects.php has mentioned that "PSP
Media Player 0.06" ported ffmpeg to Sony's PSP. It is not optimized
for PSP. AFAIK, ffmpeg is heavily optimized for Intel x86, and there
are idct_mmx.c, h264dsp_mmx.c, etc in ffmpeg/libavcodec/i386
directory. I have also noticed that there are a ps2 directory which
includes some asm optimization code for Sony's PS2. Although PSP (MIPS
R4000 32-bit core) and PS2 (MIPS R5900 64-bit core) both use MIPS
chips but they use different MIPS chips and I *guess* the optimization
code for PS2 is not suitable for PSP.

My questions: Is there any existing asm optimization code for Sony's
PSP about ffmpeg?

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

Best Regards,
Xie, Bo