[Ffmpeg-devel] MP4 file that does not play with ffmpeg or MPlayer

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman
Fri Jan 27 22:49:10 CET 2006

1: QTP 7 doesn't play it either.
2: VLC finds the ftyp box and then i says it found a box with size 0.
3: the next box appears to be a mdat box, with it's shortsize set to
0 which would mean that it's as long as the remainder of the file.
4: the moov box and track boxes seem to be stuck in a header at the
end of file.

I suspect a muxing error here.

DJ

damn you bill, you beat me to it :D
Well at least we came to the same conclusion.