[Ffmpeg-devel] problem compiling on Visual Stuio 2005
Tue Jul 4 09:29:21 CEST 2006
These were the instructions I've used to compile it using MS compiler
(not VS2003) - (taken from an old wikipedia doc ;) ):
Ffmpeg can be compiled into Windows-DLLs for later usage in Microsoft
operating systems, but this is unfortunately not trivial. The compiling
must be done with gcc found in MinGW, and the LIB-tool found in MSVC.
The following recipe will lead to the construction of DLL-libraries:
* Prerequisites: MinGW, MSYS and MSVC installed.
* Add the following line to the top of C:\msys\1.0\msys.bat to gain
access to LIB and LINK (Visual Studio 2003):
o call "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
* Use the MSYS environment and MinGW to compile the library as
shown in .
* Run "./configure --enable-shared " to configure the build (add
--enable-memalign-hack if the script complains)
* Run "make" to compile the libraries
* Run "make install" to copy the libraries to their install directories
* Copy the DEF, LIB and EXP files for avcodec, avformat and avutil
manually to the install directories
* Insert "#define EMULATE_INTTYPES" at the top of "avcodec.h" to
prevent a missing inttypes.h error.
IkHwan Cho wrote:
> Dear experts,
> Currently I try to compile ffmpeg source code on MS Visual Studio 2005.
> I heard from somewhere that ffmpeg project is only for linux envirionment.
> And I already compile on cygwin envirioment. But what I really want to do is
> compiling on visual studio.
> I found that currently there is no support for visual studio environment
> such as project setting (.dsw or .dsp file).
> How can I compile ffmpeg source code on MS visual studio? Or is it really
> Thanks for reading my question.
> Ik-Hwan Cho
> Multimedia Lab., Hi-tech Center #916, Electronic Engineering, Inha
> Yong Hyun 3 Dong, NamGu, Incheon, 402-751, Republic of Korea
> E-mail : cho8629 at dreamwiz.com, teddydino at gmail.com
> MSN : cho8629 at korea.com
> Tel : +82-32-860-7415
> Mobile : +82-018-267-4535
> ffmpeg-devel mailing list
> ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu
More information about the ffmpeg-devel