[Ffmpeg-devel] FFMPEG System Architecture?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Tue Jul 4 10:03:16 CEST 2006

On 7/4/06, kahuna1big-techie at yahoo.com <kahuna1big-techie at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>   I am fascinated by the ffmpeg family of software, including ffserver/player, etc. I would like to play with it, and hopefully contribute to this software.
>   I am trying to understand the code structure, the execution sequence and system architecture including key data structures, key functions and their functioning, etc. I don't have the benefit of having any paid source code browsing tools, and I could use grep to figure out what gives, I guess.
>   Does anybody have any documentation or tools that might help me understand the inner workings of ffmpeg?

There's little documentation about FFmpeg, but when getting you hands
on a new software, I think you should like Mike says:
Use doxygen!

"If God had wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates."
  - Jay Leno