[Ffmpeg-devel] samples database
Sun Jul 9 22:53:44 CEST 2006
On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 11:30:11 -0700
Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:
> Could this be tied into the MultimediaWiki somehow? I've already done a
> lot of work to populate the Wiki with links into the samples archive.
This all depends on the guy who does it.
>From my side there are very few design restrictions:
* It should be secure enough that it cannot be exploited
from the internet
* it should be user friendly
* if a sql db is used as backend, then it should be
written in a generic way so that either mysql or psql
could be used (no, i don't think that this db is big enough
that it would justify any specific optimizations))
* it should be maintained after the initial write
* it should be well documented
If it's easy to administrate, that would be a big plus
though. And if PHP is used, then it should be written
like real code is written and not like HTML.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel