[Ffmpeg-devel] libavcodec and libavformat for winCe

Giovanni Gualdi gualdi.giovanni
Fri Jul 21 11:38:05 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I unsuccessfully tried to compile and use libavcodec and libavformat
(just for the h264 decoder)
for windows ce (to use with winCe 2003, or windows mobile 5.0).

This is what I tried and failed: tell me where I am wrong:

1) I used the cross compiler suggested by vlc (ffmpeg developers forum,
dec2005, gildas bazin):

and it correctly cross compiles the static .a under linux:
		./configure --enable-memalign-hack --enable-mingwce
--disable-shared --enable-static --disable-opts --disable-encoders
--cpu=armv4l --target=arm-wince-pe
		make lib

I rename them in .lib, but when it's the turn to use them into a evc or
vs2005 project, there are linking errors everywhere (unresolved external
symbols like: __divdi3, __floatsdif, __divdf3, __fixdfsi, __muldf3,
put_buffer, put_flush_packet)

2) I tried to use the ffmpeg precompiled xscale-contrib of vlc
but i get the same problem of unresolved external symbol.
Seems like I am doing something wrong on linking gcc compiled libs on
windows for winCe. Or what?

3) I tried using the cross compiler of tcpmp
but it failed in the compiling phase.

_Any_ hint is REALLY appreciated.
Otherwise my 3 weeks work will be lost =(