[Ffmpeg-devel] opening /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 Streams with ffmpeg

Sebastian Heymann sebastian.heymann
Thu Jun 1 19:47:55 CEST 2006

Hello List,

i am currently trying to open a dvb-t stream with an ffmpeg-driven
application.
my code is heavily based on ffplay, so i will not bother you with code
posts.

i lock my dvb-device to a channel with 'tzap -r "channelName" ' and
after that i can
watch it with mplayer or something on /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0

ffplay and my app dont like the stream at all. if i dump the device to a
file
and then play the file, everything is just fine.

setting the format to "mpegvideo" results in some very errorfilled
blurry output
of the video. if i try launching it without "mpegvideo" format set, the
app freezes.

can somebody please help me.
my think that read-buffer could solve my problem. am i right with this,
or do you have any other
idea.

thanks in advance,
sebastian