[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] remove direct Xlib usage

Måns Rullgård mru
Sun Jun 4 02:58:40 CEST 2006

Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> writes:

> the code using XOpen/XCloseDisplay isn't reachable, it cause link issues
> with the new sdl (that doesn't link to Xlib directly)
>
> This patch removes it completely.
[...]
> +    SDL_WM_ToggleFullScreen(screen);

That function stupidly changes the video mode to something that
vaguely matches the video size, something my monitor didn't like at
all, and is IMHO generally a bad idea.

I did some digging, and found a way to get the screen resolution.
Patch attached.  This is new to libsdl 1.2.10, which I suspect isn't
very wide-spread yet.  We could either simply require that version of
libsdl, or we could check for this in the configure script.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com