[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug video dimensions

Måns Rullgård mru
Sun Jun 4 19:12:48 CEST 2006

de sda <lametemp at yahoo.com> writes:

> --- M?ns Rullg?rd <mru at inprovide.com> wrote:
>
>> de sda <lametemp at yahoo.com> writes:
>>
>> > I have an olympus camera which takes mpeg4 movies.
>> > When I attempt to play it in mplayer, it chooses the
>> > wrong dimensions. It picks mov 320x240. It's an mpeg4
>> > 640x480 (displayed in quicktime).
>>
>> Upload a sample as instructed on
>> http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/bugreports.html
>>
> Uploaded to:
> /MPlayer/incoming/lametemp/P6040064.txt
> /MPlayer/incoming/lametemp/P6040064a.MP4

Problem confirmed.  It appears that the mpeg4 stream headers have the
correct information.  I'm not sure if the MOV headers are broken or if
there's a bug in the demuxer.  If the problem is indeed in the
demuxer, I'll blame quicktime brain damage for making it so darn
impossible to cover all cases.  Mike, would you like to say anything
in defence of quicktime?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com