[Ffmpeg-devel] [REQUEST] Unicode in the -title argument for PSP

Chris Dolan chris
Tue Jun 6 00:54:59 CEST 2006

On Jun 5, 2006, at 5:13 PM, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> Chris Dolan <chris at chrisdolan.net> writes:
>
>> I'd like a way to be able to provide a Unicode string for the title
>> value.  I'm fine with any way to provide this data.  Some options off
>> the top of my head:
>
>>   * UTF-8 on the cmdline converted to UTF-16 internally
>
> This should be easy enough to implement, and makes the most sense.
> Patches welcome, as always.

I am not familiar with encoding libraries in C, so I'll leave that
patch for others to write (sorry).  Please note: I don't actually
*know* that the PSP speaks UTF-16-BE, it just looks that way pretty
convincingly from example movies.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Chris
--