[Ffmpeg-devel] Accepted SoC Apps

Joshua Boyd jdboyd
Tue Jun 6 22:07:20 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 08:54:29PM -0700, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 18:30 -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> > On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 01:34:03PM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
> >
> > > Nice. I feel like this should be posted somewhere on the web. In fact, I
> > > just did so:
> > >
> > >   http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Wishlist
> >
> > I believe that someone already said that they plan to work on it, but it
> > would be nice to see DVCproHD on that list.
>
> No need to. There's already some work in progress.

And I am eagerly looking forward to it.  I hope to be able to build an
affordable HD DDR system then, plus I hope it will jumpstart free HD
development on linux, since MPEG2 is a joke for doing serious work.

> > Also, does anyone know anything about Apple's AIC, and if it might be
> > reasonable to hope for?  What about DNxHD?
>
> What's DNxHD?

A more or less proprietary protocol from Avid, but I think you found
that out already from reading ahead a bit in the thread before replying.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/