[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] VC-1 I-frames decoder

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Jun 17 12:52:34 CEST 2006

Hi

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 07:43:18AM +0300, Kostya wrote:
> Here is my VC-1 decoder which decodes I-frames only. And not all of them are decoded properly too.
> Nevertheless I want to get opinions on this implementation before moving to P-frames support.
> P.S. If somebody will find and fix bugs in AC prediction it would be incredibly great.

hmm, are ac predicted coeffs dequantized in non-coded blocks?

the VC9->VC1 cosmetic should be a seperate patch/change

> +/** @name MV types for B frames */
> +//@{
> +#define BMV_TYPE_BACKWARD          0
> +#define BMV_TYPE_BACKWARD          0
> +#define BMV_TYPE_FORWARD           1
> +#define BMV_TYPE_INTERPOLATED      3
> +//@}

BMV_TYPE_BACKWARD occurs twice and this and all the other tables could maybe
be changed to enums, IMHO that would be cleaner, as you could even have
functions which take enum bmv_type as parameter ...

> +    src0 = block[0]; src1 = block[1];
> +    for(i = 0; i < 8; i++) {
> +        for(j = 0; j < 8; j++) {
> +            Y[j]     = clip_uint8(src0[j]);
> +            Y[j + 8] = clip_uint8(src1[j]);
> +        src0 += 8;
> +        src1 += 8;
> +        Y += ys;
> +    }

DSPContext.put_pixels_clamped()

vc1_inv_trans() should at some point be moved to DSPContext