[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg help going to both stdout and stderr.

Steve Lhomme slhomme
Sun Jun 18 12:50:35 CEST 2006

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 01:37:06PM -0700, Emil Rojas wrote:
>> I   understand that one can do this.  I understand now that changing the
>> logging system  to go the stdout would be a bad idea, so maybe the problem
>> is that usage information is dumped via the logging system instead of
>> printf.    Thoughts?  Note that only part of the usage is dumped this way.
>
> a AV_LOG_STDOUT flag might help, patches and alternative ideas are welcome
> like always ...

A patch replacing all the printf has already been submitted a few weeks
(months?) ago. Alternatively you can have a look at the DrFFMPEG SVN (in
DrDivX's SVN on SourceForge).

AV_LOG_STDOUT might be a good idea, if it's used as a flag (instead of a
value) added to other AV_LOG_xxx

Steve