[Ffmpeg-devel] VOB input is producing major problems.

Måns Rullgård mru
Tue Jun 20 00:24:08 CEST 2006

"Chris Garvey-Cocker" <chris at garveycocker.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a VOB file which is the beginning of a TitleSet from a commercial
> DVD. It plays fine in Media Player Classic and WMP etc. It would seem that
> the latest SVN revision (and many of the previous builds I have tried) has a
> problem with it right from the initial probe.
>
> I am actually trying to remux it so am trying:
>
> ffmpeg -i VTS_04_1.VOB -target dvd -vcodec copy -acodec copy TEST.mpg
>
> Which produces a completely garbled mpeg.
>
> But also when trying a re-encode i get different errors/warning from ffmpeg
> but the resultant mpeg is just the same mess.
>
> The vob is on ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/VOB_seems_damaged
>
> Any ideas?

Fixed.  Some of the PES packets have a non-zero PES_scrambling_control
field, and the demuxer was throwing those away assuming they were
encrypted.  That's not the case, so I've removed that check.  All
non-zero values for that field have unspecified meaning anyway, so
doing anything at all based on that value doesn't make much sense.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com