[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] very preliminary FLAC encoder

Justin Ruggles jruggle
Sat Jun 24 07:28:02 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am happy to say that I have a working FLAC encoder in FFmpeg.  Right
now it is just a very rudimentary version of what it will eventually
become.  I just wanted to first make it work properly & generate valid
FLAC files using FFmpeg's CRC, bitwriter, and golomb functionality.

Note that it includes the previous patch I submitted for encoding the
last partial frame so as to enable lossless audio.  I know that this
would actually be a separate commit, but seeing as how it's not applied
yet... ;)

Also, I had to modify the golomb writer to handle codes with a larger
unary portion than can be written in a single put_bits() call.  I don't
think this change affects the JPEG-LS encoder in any adverse way.

flacenc.c obviously goes in the libavcodec directory.  Is there a way to
get SVN to include the new file inline in the patch?

If there is anything here that looks unacceptable at this point please
just let me know.

Thanks,
Justin