[Ffmpeg-devel] problem playing a MPEG2 clip

Andy Tai atai
Wed Mar 1 20:41:42 CET 2006

Hi, I have a clip in the MPEG2 format which can be played well by
mplayer, but ffplay cannot handle it correctly.  Namely ffplay plays
the clip with no sound and the video is blurred.

Since MPEG2 is an old format, I think the developers may be interested
in getting MPEG2 fully supported:-)

I have put the file on the web as

http://www.atai.org/videos/4season.mpg

initial ffplayer log output is attached.

(I cannot upload the sample clip to the incoming directory of
mplayerhq.hu as instructed in the ffmpeg web page for bug report)

Thanks,
Andy