[Ffmpeg-devel] Audio Encoding/Decoding using FFmpeg: Programmer's Approach

Renjith Nair renjith4
Fri Mar 3 18:45:42 CET 2006

Hi,

I was trying to develop an audio encoder and decoder using ffmpeg package (
using libavcodec and libavformat). From the web i tried my best to get relevant
documentation/guidelines for audio encoding and decoding using ffmpeg, but i was
unsuccessful as the documentation available was minimum.

The only documentation which i found to be relevant was " Using libavformat and
libavcodec: An Update " by  Martin B?hme
(http://www.inb.uni-luebeck.de/~boehme/libavcodec_update.html) and Silviu
Minut's ffmpeg_decode.C
(http://www.cse.msu.edu/~minutsil/linux/ffmpeg_decode.C). But they are
concentrating mainly on the video encoding/decoding rather than the audio part.

Can anybody give me some guidelines/ sample code so that i can achieve my task.
Any help will be appreciated.....

regards,
Renjith