[Ffmpeg-devel] avi graphic problem

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Mar 4 01:50:37 CET 2006

Hi

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 11:18:32PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 10:38:47PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 02:28:12PM -0500, DKorchev at aol.com wrote:
> > >
> > > I found a problem with graphic AVI files, the first two crash ffmpeg,  the
> > > other three get transcoded incorrectly.
> >
> > fixed, at least the crashes, i dont know how the last 3 should look so no
> > clue if they are fixed or not and
>
> The crashes are gone and the files work well in ffplay and MPlayer, but
> MPlayer in combination with -demuxer lavf just produces the colorkey..

without investigating ... id say thats caused by the broken AVPaletteControl
system, this needs to be rewritten so palettes are passed over extradata or
AVPackets (the current system lets the demuxer directly write into the codec
context which not only isnt thread safe but obviously doesnt work if the
architecture isnt writen around lavc+lavf)

Michael