[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] another experiment w/ ffserver regression test

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Mon Mar 6 01:32:10 CET 2006

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 00:16:59 +0100
Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 10:59:14PM +0100, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> > On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 20:32:58 +0100
> > Jindrich Makovicka <makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz> wrote:
> >
> > > I am just curious if it's possible to make a regression test which
> > > actually tests something :)
> >
> > Indeed, with your patch, the regression tests seems much more useful ;-)
> > It really produces playable files, and results are consistents.
> > So I think it should be applied.
> > And then someone will have to dig into the ppc problem (which is maybe
> > an endianness issue somewhere).
>
> OK, what do we do about this?  The regression tests are the last thing
> holding up the release...

OK. Here is a new patch based on Jindrich's one, with more options
passed to ffserver. The options used are quite the same as the one used
in regression.sh.
Now all the ffserver tests gives the same results on x86, x86_64
and ppc :-)

I hope the way options are passed in ffserver.c is OK.
If that's OK, this patch could be applied and there would be no more
release blocker.

Aurel