[Ffmpeg-devel] Incorrect frame rate detected for DivX clip

Måns Rullgård mru
Wed Mar 8 00:38:30 CET 2006

"Harikrishnan Varma" <hvarma at divxcorp.com> writes:

> 1. For AVI containers, shouldn't the values in the VOL header be
> disregarded and the strh rate & scale values be used directly?

I have seen files where the AVI header was correct, files where the
VOL header was correct, files where both were equal and wrong, and
files where the values unequal and both wrong.  In the cases where at
least one of the values is correct, neither seems to be more commonly
correct than the other.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com