[Ffmpeg-devel] rtsp stuck in select()

Andy Parkins andyparkins
Wed Mar 8 15:09:16 CET 2006

Hello,

I've been using ffplay to play an mpeg4-es rtsp stream.  The stream opens
perfectly and starts to play however after a random interval playback stops.
I assume this means that the source has stopped sending packets.

I added this code

    if (n > 0) {
        // Untouched, left as it was, but removed here for brevity
    } else if( n == 0 ) {
        fprintf( stderr, "udp_read_packet(): timeout in select()\n" );
    } else {
        fprintf( stderr, "udp_read_packet(): error in select()\n" );
        return n;
    }

And get timeout messages when playback stops.  mplayer plays the stream
without stopping, as does vlc.

I'd like to debug this, but am not really sure where to start - what should I
be looking for?  Does RTSP require a regular wakeup to be sent to keep the
UDP packets flowing back?  Is something not being responded to on the RTCP
channel?

Andy
--
Dr Andy Parkins, M Eng (hons), AMIEE