[Ffmpeg-devel] rtsp problem with ffplay

chris.2.dobbs at bt.com chris.2.dobbs
Wed Mar 8 15:59:50 CET 2006

Hi Luca,
Thanks again for info. Sorry to be a pain with this but I feel I am
getting closer!

I have totally misunderstood the meaning of Dynamic payloads - I thought
96 was specific for AMR!
I can see from the code that the sdp_parse_rtpmap() function succeeds in
extracting the RTSP session data for AMR i.e I get this from my debug
lines

sdp_parse_line() picks this up now for each letter value (a, m and c)

a   -   'x-qt-text-nam:Session streamed by "NGC RTSP-Server V1.0e" on
port 3127 stream type:amr'
               'x-qt-text-inf:amr'
m   -   'audio 0 RTP/AVP 96'
c   -   'IN IP4 0.0.0.0'

And sdp_parse_rtpmap() gets the following buffer passed to it

'rtpmap:96 AMR/8000'

So am I on the right track thinking I now need to add a entry to the
AVRtpDynamicPayloadTypes[] array to allow dynamic payload type 96 with
sdp map data equal to AMR to match this new entry and thus get the right
codec_id (0x12000 for AMR-NB I think...)

Manay thanks for your input again
Regards,
-Chris