[Ffmpeg-devel] unsupported codec in mov file

DKorchev at aol.com DKorchev
Thu Mar 9 02:26:38 CET 2006

In a message dated 3/8/2006 5:15:54 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,  mike at mul
timedia.cx writes:

DKorchev at aol.com wrote:
> Thanks for the  suggestion, could you refer me to some info on how to add
>  faad(AAC) support to ffmpeg.

Install FAAD. Then configure  FFmpeg with the --enable-faad.
-Mike  Melanson

ffmpeg-devel  mailing  list
ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu

I figured out ffmpeg part. My question really was how to build and install
FAAD for minGW. Should I use VC or configure/make? VC builds it fine  but I an
not sure that's what I need.
Could you please clarify  " Install FAAD" part.