[Ffmpeg-devel] How to reduce the ffmpeg avcodec.dll, avformat.dll size

Inc. the.incredible
Tue Mar 14 16:17:23 CET 2006

That results if you enable all or most supported codec libs while
compiling like --enable-xvid etc.
Imho its also possible to --disable- a specific codec or even disabling
the demuxers/decoders/muxers individually.
So first, do --enable- only whats needed and add maybe a --disable-debug
reduces it even more.
Finally an upx'ing of the resulted dlls could end up in a size which
fits your purposes.

Also you could just link your code with avcodec.lib avformat.lib and
avutil.lib and not using the dlls outside your appl.
If you do not initialize all codecs but only the needed ones, the final
linked resulted binary will be much less in its size.