[Ffmpeg-devel] Looking for PAID development with libav on windows

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme
Tue Mar 14 08:58:34 CET 2006

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Jason H <scorp1us at yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> I work for a company who currently uses Windows Media
>> Player in their software. They have numerous problems
>> with WMP and would like to have a custom media player
>> built from libav[format|codec] libraries on windows.
>> We have several special features that we want added to
>> our own media player. Working on this project would
>> require the contractor to work with another contractor
>> of the company to establish a Qt (from TrollTech, not
>> Apple) interface because among adding features, the
>> aim is to produce something that is cross platform
>> (OSX, Linux).
>
> VLC doesn't cut it?

Its Qt GUI has been discontinued a long time ago (too bad). And the GPL
nature of VLC might scare some companies. Otherwise it's indeed the best
for that.

Too bad we didn't push the playback feature of DrDivX so much and didn't
end up with a live playback (due to SDL failing to be integrated in a
GUI). The other plan we have for the future is to use Qt's OpenGL
component to display the video. Otherwise every picture displayed has to
be converted to RGB32 :( and has weak hardware acceleration.

Anyway, good luck with this project.

Steve