[Ffmpeg-devel] av_log

Marcel Wolf mwolfs
Tue Mar 14 22:42:27 CET 2006

What turns the log on? Where do I find it? Or is it always up

-----Original Message-----
From: ffmpeg-devel-bounces at mplayerhq.hu
[mailto:ffmpeg-devel-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of Mike Melanson
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 1:07 PM
To: FFMpeg development discussions and patches
Subject: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] av_log

Marcel Wolf wrote:
> Hello All
> I am trying to make FFMPEG work on an AMD Alchemy MIPS processor, which
> hardware acceleration. To help me understand the code I wanted to use
> printfs but I get an error. A conflict with the av_log. How do I use the
> av_log? I don't understand what switches I must use to enable it? Or can I
> turn it off and use printfs?

	You hit against our printf() paranoia measure. 2 ways around it:

1) Official solution: use av_log() instead of printf():
   printf ("Hey: %d\n", 610);
   av_log (NULL, AV_LOG_INFO, "Hey: %d\n", 610);

2) Unofficial hack: "#undef printf" near the top of the source file (but
after lavc #includes) in which you wish to enable printf(). Just don't
submit code back to us in that form; use the official solution.

	Hope this helps...
	-Mike Melanson
ffmpeg-devel mailing list
ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu