[Ffmpeg-devel] [ bug ] converting png to dv gives solid black

Erik Slagter erik
Wed Mar 15 13:54:27 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 17:23 -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> Quite frankly, when we still have to deal with telecine, interlacing,
> and the horribly resulting aliasing artifacts (which are visible on
> any TV), and all the other crap TV has thrown at us, I see absolutely
> no reason to care about chroma interference and other much more minor
> things. If I want quality video I'll find I way to get digital
> progressive source. Otherwise I expect it to be complete crap and I'm
> not going to buy different cables or a different TV to get a miniscule
> improvement.

Hmmm, at least with PAL&25 fps&720x576 I really see a *lot* of
difference between composite (I am not even considering RF) and
component inputs. It's the difference between almost perfect and hazy.
And not on using just one particular TV set or player/STB.